Friday, June 13, 2008

child labor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1hQSt2hSE

watch this. i've seen this stuff with my own eyes. in the town i lived in there were children who were trafficked in to work at restaruants. They works 27 days a month, 12 hours a day for about $40 a month. Their parents couldn't take care of them and they were forced to work a couple thousand miles from home. Some hadn't seen their families in over 5 years.

I became friends with them because it was a good restaraunt. We'd go out and play computer games at night, they loved beating me at CS. There were about 25 of them at the place, all under the age of 18 as far as i knew.

I knew the scene was repeated elsewhere. I saw it in furniture factories with kids working in there who couldn't be more than 13 or 14.

Just be aware of what this stuff is. I don't know what we can do to stop it. The world has loads of problems right now and i don't think this is going to be at the forefront for a long time.

kudos to radiohead for doing such a cool video.

No comments: