Tuesday, January 1, 2008

yum yum yum

so i'm writing this from the confines of my newly mounted mosquito net. Best $10 i ever spent. I walk into my damp room today to find it is covered in mosquitos. I freaking hate mosquitos. Its like lightsabers in your ears all night if you don't have a net.

But on to the important things. Hello from China. After a 19 hour flight i arrived to a tiny little sunrise coming up over the horizon. I sat next to a pissed off 47 year old RC boat maker. The man had more curse words than i had ever heard before. But China was at first glance amazing, the pollution made the sun become more red than anything i've ever seen. It was amazing. But, fighting my urge to look like the rest of the dumb tourists, i avoided the picture. I avoided eye contact with the serious looking security guards and made my way down to the luggage place where i was pushed aside by a bunch of pissed chinese women. they have zero patience.

The drive back to Dinghu was like a dream. I saw this awesome little 3 wheeler car to show you guys. I swear we almost hit 50 people on bikes. People ride their bikes on the side of the interstate. I saw a huge freaking truck trailer full of oranges just flipped over. I was pretty stoked to see that. Seems like he got going to fast. Around the sea of citrus, about 30-35 men had gathered to look at the wreck and discuss what had happen.

I got to work and sat down with the President, Anita. We went over a bunch of stuff which I don't intend to tell you about in this here blog, mainly business things. What I would be doing and what not.

My city is not tiny. Its big. Not too big but bigger than i thought. I really don't have my bearings at all, but i think i'm in some sort of housing development. There is a grid of houses. Everyone is so nice. There are tons of people feeding geese that they herd on the street, getting ready for Chinese new year. Lunch was gnarly. I don't know what it was but i swear i ate a testicle. I didn't want to ask and just swallowed it down. Dinner, as you can see in the picture, chicken feet. Funny thing is though, its all really good. And by all I mean the skin around the chicken feet. Just rip that off.

We had quite the fiasco at the local school yard to play ball. I had about 40 kids staring at me. I don't htink they've ever seen somebody so tall. Thats the weird thing in this land, you just get starred at.

My roomates are cool. Alot cooler than i thought chinese people could be. This is going to be fun. I'm going to take a walk now and try to see some stuff that i've never seen before.

No comments: